No doubt you’ve heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but do you really believe it?
Do you really know how Breakfast affects your mood?
Are you aware that it can also give a whole new meaning to the term “happy meal?”
A good breakfast can boost brain power. It is essential for your children before they go to school. Kids consuming breakfast, consistently score better on tests than kids who don’t. Experts say those who skip this first meal after they get up are doing themselves a great disservice because a good breakfast can put you in a positive mood for the rest of the day. A certified dietician always tries to warn you to miss a healthy breakfast. You are likely to be tired, fatigued and will have a hard time concentrating. Many of us believe that skipping breakfast is a proven way to lose weight. It is a myth.
You are recommended to have some proteins (like milk) at breakfast and also some carbohydrates (like cereals). It helps to feel full for the rest of the day. So, you can control your hunger. There are other good choices that include a hard-boiled egg, yogurt, fruit, or whole grain toast.
Some Healthy Breakfast recipes for Inspiration
Now, we all know that we should eat breakfast every day. So, let us remember the type of breakfast we eat too. Therefore, here are a few healthy breakfast recipe options:
A quick Breakfast
These are some quick and tasty recipes that take less than five minutes to make. They can also be prepared in advance! No skipping the breakfast anymore.
- Overnight Oats – Oats are absolutely ideal for anyone having an early start. It can be equally good for the one who spends time in getting the kids ready for school. A night before, simply blend some oats, yogurt/milk and any nuts and fruits in a bowl/jar. Vegan, gluten free option.
- Egg Muffin Cups – These egg muffins are filled with protein and veggies like garlic, spinach, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms. This can be made in advance and eaten cold or heated quickly before heading out. Gluten free.
- Classic Green Smoothie – It contains 9 grams of protein/serving. Feel free to add some protein powder to it for some extra satiating ability. Ingredients can be prepped the night before. All you have to do is just blend it in the morning. Vegan, gluten free.
- Breakfast Squares – Ingredients like flaxseed, protein powder, wheat germ, oats and peanut butter make this great way to start your day. Make a batch of it at the beginning of the week. This can be something to snack on each morning. Vegan option.
- Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfait – This is a healthy recipe. It combines fresh fruits, oats, Greek yogurt and chia seeds. Pack the parfait in a jar. They are kept for several days in the fridge so that you can make a few at a time. Vegan, gluten free.
Leisurely Breakfast Treats
There are some great breakfast ideas when you have a little more time. Such can be ideal weekend breakfast.
- Eggs in Avocado with Tomato and Basil – Bake the eggs in avocado and top them with tomato and basil. It is with healthy fats and protein. Gluten free.
- Two-Ingredient Healthy Pancakes –With eggs and banana, fry the pancakes in coconut oil. Gluten free.
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl – almonds, coconut, cinnamon, and fresh fruit bowl. Vegan, gluten free.
- Savoury Chickpea Pancake – This high protein, a meal based on an Indian classic. Chickpea flour is mixed with certain spices, is cooked until golden and topped with some sautéed vegetables. Vegan, gluten free.
- Ricotta and Tomato Breakfast Sandwich –The sandwich has whole wheat bread (or a whole wheat bagel) with ricotta, tomato, fresh basil, and olive oil. Gluten free option.
Breakfast not only gives you the energy to kick start your day but helps you to slim down, keep your heart healthy and even can help you live to 100!
Keep reading the article below to find out all the incredible health benefits you might be missing out on.
Get Your Daily Intake of Nutrients
You should try to get your daily dose of minerals, essential fatty acids, vitamins, amino acids and other nutrients our bodies from three meals. Eating breakfast means we start the day off the right way from a nutritional viewpoint. Have one with a mix of healthy fats, protein, and complex carbohydrates. You will be on your way to hitting all recommended daily targets and tasks.
Get an Energy Boost
Food is the fuel for the body. So, eat a nutritious breakfast and you will have enough energy to burn. It will keep you active and productive until lunch.
Eating breakfast can keep you from gaining weight.
Researchers have found that those who skipped breakfast were more likely to be obese! Also, frequently eating breakfast away from home also causes obesity.
Do not skip your breakfast even if you are consciously cutting calories to lose weight.
If you eat a high-protein breakfast you will felt fuller throughout the day and eat a smaller dinner and fewer snacks. On the other hand, eating a low-protein breakfast or no breakfast is more likely to have unhealthy snacks during the day.
And, an Israeli study found that women who eat half their daily calories at breakfast tend to lose an average of 19 pounds in just 3 months!
Eating breakfast may play a more important role in getting good grades at school or excelling at the office.
Evidence suggests that eating breakfast can improve memory, test grades and school attendance in the children and adolescents.
Skipping breakfast makes high-calorie food to seem more appealing later in the day. So, our brains crave for calorie laden snacks in order to make up for what we missed out on when fasting.
Do your waistline a favor and take a little extra time for a quick and healthy morning meal.
Reduce the Risk of Type-2 Diabetes
Around 29 million Americans have diabetes, 90% of them are suffering from Type-2. It is mainly caused by physical inactivity and excess body weight. Irregular breakfast consumption is closely associated with a much higher risk of type-2 diabetes in women.
Prevent Heart Disease
1 in every 3 deaths is caused by heart disease and stroke. Such illnesses can result in decreased quality of life and disability. Most of the incidences of cardiovascular disease could be prevented via a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding smoking and exercise.
So, start the day with a healthy breakfast.
Prevent Cold & Flu
A Dutch study shows that a substantial breakfast boosts up the body’s gamma-interferon. It is a natural antiviral which boosts immune function.
People who skip their breakfast are more prone to infections.